A beautiful country like Lebanon with many forests and valleys, has incredible places for hiking, as hiking is one of the best activities in Lebanon to enjoy and take in its beautiful nature. Hiking through the trees, or on mountains, or through valleys, you name it. Walking in Lebanon and enjoying its beautiful weather is one of the best ways to get to know Lebanon better, and appreciate its beauty.
Read on, because we are here to tell you about the best hiking places in Lebanon, so let us guide you. Here is a list of the best 10 hiking places in Lebanon.
Al Ammouaa Forest
Al Ammoua (or Al Qammouaa) forest is one of the most unique places in the Middle East that you do not want to miss.
Located in Akkar, in Fnaydek, about 125 kilometers away from Beirut.
- Watch and learn about the 50 tree species there
- Learn about Lebanon’s history as the forest goes back about 1000 years ago
About LBP 45,000 for adults, and LBP 30,000 for children under 12 years old
Bentael Nature Reserve
Bentael Nature Reserve is one of the most beautiful places in Lebanon, where you can walk through nature, and learn about the different trees and plants. It is one of the governmental projects that keeps Lebanon’s nature protected.
Located in Fidar El Tahta, about 48 kilometers away from Lebanon, and about 5 kilometers away from Eddeh.
- Hike through nature and learn more about Lebanon’s nature
- Have a nice meal at the restaurant
- If you have kids, there is a kids play area
Shouf Biosphere Reserve
Another beautiful natural reserve in Lebanon, a Cedar forest. The Cedar is the Lebanese logo and their pride, and the cedar trees are one of the most beautiful views there.
Located in Shouf District, near Niha village.
- Enjoy a wonderful hike
- Watch and learn about 200 bird species, 50 wild animal species, and 50 plant species
In summer: from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
In winter: from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Baatara Gorge Waterfall
This is a must visit hiking place in Lebanon. It is simply one of the most wonderful sites you will ever see.
It is located in Tannourine, in the village of Baala, on the way between Laklouk and Tannourine.
- Be mesmerized by the view of the waterfalls into a jurassic limestone cave
- Watch the three bridges that are above each other, that were made by nature
Jabal Moussa Biosphere Reserve
Jabal Moussa Biosphere Reserve is one of Lebanon’s magnificent natural reserves.
Located on the western slopes of Mount Lebanon, in Keserwan District, overlooking the sea.
- Watch and learn about 137 different bird species, 25 mammal species, and 724 flora species
- Enjoy the charming view of the sea
Along the Adonis River, is the beautiful, deep Adonis Valley. What adds to its beauty is that it is surrounded by green mountains that give it a scene you can not miss.
Located south of Byblos, 5 kilometers away.
- Swim in the river
- Enjoy a refreshing hike through the mountains
- Relax and enjoy the breath-taking nature
Qornet El Sawda
It is the highest mountain peak in the Middle East. It is about 3,088 meters above the sea level, which makes it one of the most interesting hiking places.
Located on Jebel el-Makmel, north east of The Cedars, 9 kilometers away.
- Enjoy a long, interesting hike
- Watch an amazing view from the top
Qadisha Valley is a beautiful, historic place, where you can enjoy nature, and learn a but about history.
- Take a hike up the mountains
- Watch a magical landscape
Located in Basharri North Governorate, north of Mount Lebanon.
- Hike through the beautiful nature
- Watch the historic Christian monasteries that have wonderful architecture
Lebanon Mountain Trail
The Mountain Trail is one of the most interesting hiking places in Lebanon.
Located in Beirut, and the trail is between Qbaiyat and Marjaayoun.
- Enjoy a refreshing hike through the paths covered in green
- Go on overnight hiking trips which include meals, accommodations, a tour guide, and more
Trip fees start from $80.75
Mount Sannine is part of the Mount Lebanon range. Its highest peak is about 2,600 meters above sea level. One of the most amazing things about it is that it can be seen from all over Beirut.
Part of Mount Lebanon, close to Beirut.
- Hike along the mountain
- Climb the mountain
- Ski in winter