One of the main issues that parents dread is finding the right school for their children. It is definitely a tough decision, especially when you hear all the school names, and you are not sure about which one is right for your children.
We are here to make your life much easier! How? By compiling a list of some of the best schools in Beirut area, adding the information that you need to make the decision easily. Read on to find the information you need about the list of top schools in Beirut.
Best American Schools in Beirut
American Community School Beirut
The American Community School in Beirut (ACS) is a private institute, and one of the top schools in the Capital. The school implements its vision through allowing students to implement their creativity, guiding them to grow their morals and sense of integrity to become future leaders in society. ACS accepts students from different backgrounds, ethnicity, and religions, making sure all students are respected and accepted.
ACS is located in Jal El-Bahr in Beirut, on Nigeria Street, block number 67.
- The admission process starts by filling out the online application form, followed by submitting the required documents to school.
- All forms and documents should be in English.
- After the documents are completed and submitted, the school contacts parents or guardians via email or phone to set a meeting for interview and placement test.
A nonrefundable admission fee of LBP 300,000 is to be paid, which includes application and placement test fees. A nonrefundable fee of LBP 150,000 is paid for Early Years students.
The Annual fees vary according to the educational stage as follows:
- Nursery and KG1: LBP 21,439,373
- KG2: LBP 24,530,279
- Middle School: LBP 25,530,278
- Highschool: start from LBP 28,106,033
The School offers both international and Lebanese national curriculums.
- For any questions or concerns, you can send a message through this link: https://www.acs.edu.lb/page.cfm?p=1185
- School Mailing Address: P.O. Box 11 – 8129, Riad El Solh, Beirut | 1107 – 2260 Lebanon
Telephone: +961 (1) 374 370 | +961 (1) 366 050
Beirut International School in Beirut
Beirut International School (BIS) is one of the best schools in Lebanon in the way it believes in its students and the importance of education. BIS was established in 1980, and it has been growing successfully since then. The school offers a healthy learning environment where everyone is respected no matter what their gender, race, or opinion is.
It is located in Souk El Gharb-Aley, Bachmoun.
For admission, you need to fill in the form on this link: https://www.edarabia.com/admission/?id=18969&ins=beirut-international-school-bis-aley-lebanon
For inquiries about fees, follow the instructions on this link: https://www.edarabia.com/admission/?id=18969&ins=beirut-international-school-bis-aley-lebanon
The school offers the Lebanese Baccalaureate.
Phone: +961 5802675
LWIS City International School
LWIS City International School (LWIS-CiS) is one of the international private english schools in Beirut Lebanon, which was founded in 2003. It is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and is a member of the LWIS Network. It is also a Microsoft Imagine Academy, and a Microsoft School.
It is located in Downtown, Beirut, on Zokak Al Blat Hussein Beyhum street, close to the German Research College University.
- Parents can print out the application form from the school website, but it is not filled online.
- Both parents and students are interviewed by the school vice principal.
- A registration form is required to be filled out.
- The students will be given English, Math, and Arabic tests based on their grade level.
The Annual tuition fees vary according to the grade level as well as the curriculum chosen as follows:
- Preschool (KG stage): LBP 12,664,260
- Elementary school: tuition fees start from LBP 13,116,555
- Middle School: tuition fees for the Lebanese curriculum start from LBP 14,685,315, and the American curriculum tuition fees start from LBP 14,988,105
- High-school: tuition fees for the Lebanese curriculum start from LBP 14,874,559, and the American curriculum tuition fees start from LBP 15,896,475
The school offers an American curriculum, with the option of the national Lebanese curriculum as well. LWIS-CiS is also a candidate for the IBD programme (International Baccalaureate Diploma).
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: Land lines: +961 (1) 369 500, +961 (1) 369 501 Mobile/Cell phone: +961 (3) 667 128
The school started in 1916 as an act of rebellion against the Ottoman authorities that issued an official order to close down foregin schools. Mary Kassab gathered boys and girls at her house to teach them so they can continue their education. Now the school is fully accredited from the Council of International School (CIS) and the NEASC.
It is located in the heart of beirut in Downtown in Wadi Abu Jmil.
The application form is available on the school website for downloading. Parents should print it out, fill it, and submit it to the Admission Office with the required documents that are mentioned on the school website. Then students sit for a placement test.
School fees start from LBP 7,950,000 for preschool and KG stages, and reach up to LBP 11,800,000 for college preparation program.
The school curriculum is aligned with both international and Lebanese national curriculums. For middle school and high school stages, they offer the choice of the Lebanese Baccalaureate program and the College/Freshman year Preparatory program, which is an American High-school degree.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 00 961 1 372 960, 00 961 3 310 612
Beirut Baptist School
Beirut Baptist School is one of the oldest schools in Lebanon. It was established in 1955, and has been growing ever since. The school focuses on enabling their students to think creatively and logically, while emphasizing ethics with religious and moral values.
It is located on Maalouf Street in Msaytbeh, Beirut.
- The admission form is available on the school website to be printed out and filled, along with a medical report and a student recommendation form.
- The required attached documents are listed on the school website.
- Parents are required to contact the school to set a date to visit the school and submit the required forms and documents.
Tuition fees start from LBP 6,390,000 for KG1, and reach up to LBP 9,090,000 for High School. There are additional fees for transportation, school trips, stationary, and others.
The application fee is LBP 100,000, and it is nonrefundable.
BBS offers the Lebanese Baccalaureate and the International High School Diploma.
- Email: email@example.com
Phone: +961 1 818474, +961 71 818474
Best French Schools in Beirut
Beirut Modern School
Beirut Modern school (BMS) was established in 1995 as a private school that mainly focuses on children to help them grow into creative, well mannered, balanced adults who are ready to lead successful lives.
It is located in Bir Hassan, on the Airport road, 10 minutes away from Downtown, Beirut.
The application form is available at the school office. It needs to be filled and submitted with the required documents. An interview is conducted with the parents while students undergo a placement test.
School fees start from LBP 6,620,000 for early childhood years, and reach up to LBP 7,480,000 for the secondary stage.
Their curriculum is set to be suitable for students and their different learning levels. Students learn through active learning and engaging activities.
- Between grades 7 and 9 students take Brevet diploma, a national French diploma.
- By the end of grade 9, Lebanese students must take the Brevet Official Exam and pass to be able to move on to grade 10.
Le Lycee National School Beirut
Le Lycee National School was established in 1970, and has been growing continuously since then. They work on implementing the most recent technology in their education to be up to date with all the modern means of education and student engagement while achieving the highest educational standards for students.
It is located on Sersok Street in Ramlet el Bayda, Beirut.
Parents are to submit the required documents at school, which are mentioned on the school website. Then the school sets a date for an interview and a placement test.
They follow the Lebaese national curriculum, implementing modern methods of teaching. Teachers are required to attend workshops to achieve high professional teaching standards.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +961-5-805500
Grand Lycée Franco-Libanais
The Grand Lycée Franco-Libanais is one of the best French schools in Beirut that was established in 1909. The school has numerous educational resources for students, as it has three libraries that include computers and more than 27,000 books.
It is located in Achrafieh on Rue Bani Assaf in Beirut.
An application request is to be sent via email at email@example.com with the required documents mentioned on the school website. Applications will be accepted only when they are complete, and if there are available places.
They follow the French curriculum, while implementing the Lebanese curriculum and the arabic language. Languages taught are Arabic, English, French and Spanish. Also, there is a choice of German or Italian as a third language.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (00961) 1 420700, Phone (00961) 1 420720, (00961) 1 420730, (00961) 1 420740
Lycée Abdel Kader
It is one of the best private schools Beirut that offer its students the best education and guides them towards becoming future leaders of society.
It is located in Mar Elias, Beirut.
An admission form is to be filled out, and the required documents are to be attached with the application form.
Tuition fees start from LBP 1,260,000, and reach up to LBP 1,170,000
Lycée Abdel Kader follows the French curriculum with all subjects taught in french. Students also learn Arabic and English.
Phone: +961 (01) 365 429, +961 (01) 364 225
Best German Schools in Beirut
Youth German School
YGS is one of the few schools that empower their students with fluency in three languages, besides their mother tongue. The school teaches German, English, French, and Arabic, which makes it one of the best schools in Beirut Lebanon.
It is located in Kfarchima in Beirut.
The application form is available to be filled online. After the form is filled, the school will contact parents to set a registration test for students to determine their grade level.
The school follows an international German curriculum based on the Goethe Institute.
- Email: email@example.com
Phone: +961 3 252 375
German International School Beirut
The German International School Beirut aims at guiding students to achieve their best potential through presenting them with high quality education in a diverse cultural school, to have tolerant, responsible adults who can shape their future, and help change the future of others.
It is located in Naameh in Lebanon, close to Doh High-School.
- The school requests that parents first send an email asking for an online application with the student birthdate, nationality, full name, parents phone numbers, and school name and location if they are changing schools.
- After the school receives the application, they set up a meeting for student evaluation.
- Then the registration is done at school, and the registration fees are to be sent via email.
The total fees for all grade levels are LBP 8,700,000. The fees are paid upon 4 installments.
The curriculum offered by the school is tailored to every stage as follows:
- For the kindergarten stage, the staff use a problem solving based curriculum to engage and guide the students.
- For the elementary stage, a modified version of the Lebanese curriculum is used.
- For grade 7 (Intermediate level) students are introduced to an international curriculum as well as the Lebanese curriculum.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +961-1-740523, +961-5-803786
Best English Schools in Beirut
Greater Beirut Evangelical School
This school offers excellent education to students, while implementing religious values and morals to have future society leaders who can make a difference.
It is located on Ghazalieh Street in Achrafieh, Beirut.
For admission, parents are required to visit the school Administration Office and check out the admission requirements.
- Email: email@example.com
Phone: 01 423 589 / 01 397 955
Best Technical School in Beirut
Mesrobian Technical College
This is an Armenian catholic school that has been established in 1939. The school is a Christian national school that has the privilege of teaching its students Armenian language and literature. It is also one of the remarkable technical schools in Beirut.
It is located on Arax Street in Bourj Hammoud, Beirut.
Parents need to visit the school administration Office to ask about the admission requirements.
Tuition fees start from LBP 7,536,500 for KG1. The registration fees are LBP 678,285.
The school follows the Lebanese national curriculum, with Christian religious studies, and Armenian studies.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +961 1 260504 / 262955 / 254940