Lebanon in the spring time is even more glamorous, it is definitely one of the most beautiful places you do not want to miss out on. The weather is usually fresh, neither hot nor cold. And since it is known for the green lands and trees, especially when they’re spread along the sea, they create one of the most amazing views that you simply can not miss.
If you are wondering about where to go on holiday in April, wonder no more! Lebanon is the place you want to visit. Here are some of the places that will give you unforgettable memories.
Who wouldn’t want to visit a beautiful cave that was chosen as one of the 14 worldwide landmarks in the new 7 wonders of nature competition? It should definitely be on the list of your best Easter holiday destinations.
The place simply combines two interconnected limestone caves, and the longest cave complexes in the Middle East.The caves reach up to 300 meters higher than sea level.
It is located 18 kilometers away from Beirut, in the Valley of the Dog River, in Kesrawan.
- Go on a boat trip and explore a huge part of the caves
- Explore the remaining part of the caves on foot
- Take a cable car ride and get mesmerized by the scenery from above
- Shop for souvenirs at the gift store located there
- Dine at the Lebanese restaurants there
- Watch different animals at the mini zoo
- Relax and enjoy the beautiful colors in the gardens, and take in the beauty of the sculptures
- Enjoy the train ride that takes you around the different places in Grotto, as this is the official means of transportation inside the area
Everyday except on Monday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Our Lady of Lebanon
It is a shrine of the Virgin Mary in Lebanon that attracts both muslims and Christians and is considered a pilgrimage site. If you are planning for cheap Easter holidays, you want to visit this site.
It is located in Harissa, Lebanon.
- Enjoy the beautiful view
- Experience the spiritual fulfillment of being in the presence of the great shrine
Our Lady of Nourieh
Another historical, and spiritual pilgrimage site in Lebanon that spreads light and attracts ships to it. It is a major attraction, especially during the month of May, the Marian month, when people from all around the world pay their tribute and enjoy the breathtaking view. A visit to Our Lady of Nourieh is an amazing Easter holiday getaways.
It is located in Hamat, on a mountain at the shore, close to the Sea Side Road..
- Learn about Lebanon’s history
- Enjoy the beautiful sea view from the top of the mountain and the monastery
- Enjoy a spiritual, religious experience
The church of “Our Lady of the Seas”
A simple, yet beautiful, Greek Orthodox church, that faces a Phoenician sea wall. It is built in a large courtyard that overlooks the sea; which makes it a perfect Easter getaway!
It is located in the City of Batroun, North Lebanon, on the west side of the city.
- Learn about Lebanon’s history
- Enjoy the beautiful sea view
Baatara Sinkhole in Tannourine
Baatara Sinkhole, also known as The Cave of the Three Bridges, is a beautiful waterfall in Lebanon, and it is especially one of the best holiday destinations in April. The waterfalls drop in a Jurassic limestone Pothole at a distance of 255 meters.
It is located in Tannourine, in the village of Baala, on the way between Laklouk and Tannourine.
- Enjoy the spectacular view
- Hike around the area
Tannourine Cedars Nature Reserve
When you think about where to go in april, Tannourine Cedars Nature Reserve is your answer. It is all about cedars and flowers, so the best time to visit is around Spring when the flowers and trees are most beautiful.
It isocated in Tannourine el Tahta, Lebanon.
- Hike between the trees and the gardens
- Enjoy the amazing view
- Go bird watching
Everyday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
For groups: LBP 3,000
For individual visits: LBP 5,000
If you need a guide: LBP 10,000
One of the most interesting ancient buildings in Lebanon are the Crusader Castles. They do not just hold stories about Lebanon’s history, they also have beautiful structures. You probably want to add it to your next April holiday destinations list.
There is more than one castle, but the most significant ones are:
- Sidon Sea Castle: located in Sidon, directly in the shore
- Byblos Citadel: located in the ancient city of Byblos
- The Citadel of Smar Jbeil: located in the city of Smar Jbeil north of Lebanon, close to the shore
- Learn about the Crusader times in Lebanon
- Enjoy the view of the castle
- Watch interesting artifacts
Lebanon was one of the centers of the Phoenician civilization, therefore you can find many ruins in different areas there. Learning about the Phoenician culture and viewing their ruins is one of the interesting activities that can be done as Easter breaks for families.
There is no one location as Phoenician ruins can be found in different places in Lebanon like:
- Baalbak, which is located about 85 kilometers away from Beirut, and east of the Litani River in Bekaa Valley. Sidon, which is one of the largest and most significant cities in Lebanon, located on the Mideterranean shore in South Governorate. Byblos, which is one of the most important ancient cities in Lebanon that contains many of Lebanon’s ancient sites and artifacts.
Finally, Lebanon is gifted with a beautiful nature and fun places to go visit. Whether they are historical sites, religious and/or spiritual, or simply places to enjoy the wonders of nature, it is one of the most interesting places to visit. And if you are not into history, that’s still ok. Since a big part of Lebanon overlooks the Mideterranean Sea, it is one of the most fun beach holidays in April!